Monday, May 6, 2013

DT Doodles, week 18

I have completed more scrap pages in the past 5 months than i think i have in the last 3 years!  It's amazing when you have "space" and organization how much you can get done. i have also learned to section my scrapping into different days: organize photos, pick out papers/embellishments, attach photos/backings to backdrop, design on the computer then cut later, etc. Yes, from start to finish it takes days to weeks to finish a layout, but if i have 20 minutes (think 'nap time' ) i can get one thing done and leave it out (key!!!) until the next time i have a spare moment. slowly, the pages get finished....amazing. :) why didn't i do this years ago! 

speaking of never catching up... here is my latest layout, thanks to Kiwi Lane's DT challenge. This is my daughter with one of her favorite meals- spaghetti ( have i mentioned she'll be 5 years old this week??? and yes, spaghetti is still one of her favorites!). I think my family is one of the only families-- note: we're Italian-- in the world that calls it "basta".. yes, with a "b".  So when i broke out the cricut this evening, of course, i found a "pasta" cut out; instead of redesigning something (again, think time-saver!), i used it to my advantage and just added a big 'ole "B" to draw attention to the fact that my family is a little different and it's ok ;)
Manga! :) and happy scrapping... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment