Sunday, March 24, 2013

Landon's 3rd birthday invites

have i mentioned how honored i am when i have repeat customers, especially from referrals? :) Once again, i had the privilege to work with Jamie. I cant believe her son is going to be 3 already!! We have worked together on a few projects, but this one has to be my favorite so far.
Jamie sent me an inspiration photo for an invitation for a pirate birthday. Although i loved the idea, the paper was tea stained, wrinkled and had burned edges( i am horrible at that!!) !  So, i came up with an alternative-- i used a kraft cardstock with a "paper bag" feel, giving the invite a unique cloth-like texture. After printing the design, i tore the edges and added a deep brown ink to give the invite an old "burned" look, without setting me or my house on fire!

here's the finished product!  happy birthday, Landon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment