Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jessica and Brian's custom folded programs

one thing about me that everyone should know: I love a creative challenge. I think it's the reason i became an engineer and loved my Research and Development job back in the day ( from my past-life of pre-kids!).  I love seeing an idea and hearing the words "Make this work."  It makes me all gitty inside. i'm weird but i know that already ;).

Jessi must have known this about me before we ever "met".  She forwarded this photo, and asked if i could make something similar in their colors.  
http://songofmyheartstampers.typepad.com/song_of_my_heart_stampers/2013/07/weddings-by-song-of-my-heart.html

Challenge accepted!

And here is the final product:


There was a long time between initial quoting and actually making/ordering the materials.  Somewhere in that time, the ease of finding their Navy cardstock moved from "easy" to "umm.... oh crap!" and the internet searching began. I was able to find these large "z-fold" folders as a starting point.

I cut the entire length down 1/4" to help paper utilization of the inner layers. Then, i cut the left side down for the fold over and ribbon location.  I also cut the right side down to allow the layer to fold under the flap while not interfering with the ribbon.

The three white layers on the left side included a title page introducing the event, the wedding party, and a page devoted to special notes including reception information, a heart felt thank you and a remembrance section for those in their hearts.  These pages are attached to the navy cover by the pink ribbon ( hole punched and laced/tied).

The ceremony order is included on the right side of the program and is attached to the navy cover using adhesive.











I love the way this program came out- i love the color combo to add a punch of color without being overdone. simple elegance with a wow-factor ;)

Congrats to the bride and groom!

No comments:

Post a Comment